Wednesday, September 30, 2009

A Busy Day of Errands

We set our alarms to go off at 9:30 and I remember I kept making mine be quiet cause it was super loud. A little later I realized we were still in bed and I had to potty really bad...it was the 2nd time I had had a dream about it that night. It was only 10 so I went to the bathroom and laid back in bed and waited for Morgan to wake up. She had reset her alarm for 10:30. We got up then and she took a shower and we headed out on our day of errands.

We got cash out of the ATM and walked to the metro station. We renewed our bus passes for October and then practiced using the metro since that is the only thing that runs early enough for us to get the the train station Friday morning for Disneyland!! Since we were already at the train station we got some of our tickets for the rest of October. We were very shocked that it was so freaking expensive and worried our passes were going to end up not being worth the money we spent on them. We decided we'd check the totals out when we got home. We took the bus back to the main spot of downtown and went to the bank. We have been getting all kinds of mail from them so we assumed our ATM cards would be ready for our new accounts...they give you 28 Euros in your account so we need the cards so we can use that money. The lady put in Morgan info and then told us they were behind on putting all the stuff in and that our cards wouldn't be ready for mayb 10 days. She didn't really seem like she knew what she was talking about but I guess we'll try back again later. We walked back to the bus and headed home. The lady who speaks good English was working the front desk so we bought more laundry coins so we could finish up washing our clothes before we started our crazy month of travel.

Morgan checked our tickets when we got home and the lady had gotten us 1st class tickets for on of our overnight trains...our passes aren't even valid for 1st class...and they were 94 Euros a piece. Making that trip 100 Euros and our other trip only cost us 18. We are going back down there again tomorrow after class to exchange those tickets...she said we could up until the day we depart...for either 2nd class or a different location if that train is full. We made quesadillas out of the last 2 tortillas from our taco night. We thought about some ideas for our advertising project and I ended up falling asleep on the couch with my computer on my lap for over 2 hours. When I woke up we decided we needed to start laundry. Sadly there was a lady already doing laundry when we got down there so we had to wait an hour. We came back up and messed around a little bit. Then we decided we wanted to eat the popcorn we had bought at the store so we put on the movie Stick It and ate our popcorn on the pull out couch. We stopped it half way through to go put our laundry in. After it was over we went back down and moved one of our loads into the dryer and start our jeans in the wash. We got everything put away in that load and had to head back down to switch everything over again. I chatted on facebook for a while and folded all my socks and then we finally got to go down and get our jeans out of the dryer. Everything is put away and we have clean clothes again!!!

I hoped in the shower once everything was complete for the day. Morgan was talking to Trevor on skype. After the shower I decided to make us both a mini egg sandwhich since we had forgotten we even had eggs. We topped them with a little cheese from out tacos and they were delicious. We were about to get in bed and I remembered I had written yet today so here I am. Mom I super have to tell you a couple things but I'll try to email you tomorrow when you are at work or if you can get on skype before work that would be awesome. We have a full day of last minute things tomorrow but I'll make sure to write because I do'nt know that I'll have internet of the time over the weekend at Disneyland!!!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Have Fun at Disneyland if we don't talk to you before that! Did you ever get the letter we mailed you? I guess it has only been like 5 mail days so you may not have yet.

    ReplyDelete