Saturday, September 19, 2009

Office Depot Hike & Personality Tests

We didn't wake up till about 11 today and still had trouble getting out of bed. I had 4 texts from Mom when I woke up. I was a little worried something was wrong till I realized they were all pics. She had sent me 3 pics of goats and 1 of a donkey at the fair. It kinda made my day. We ate a little breakfast before we both showered and got ready. We needed to go to Office Depot for construction paper and the grocery store for laundry detergent and a baguette. We still weren't quite sure what bus was going to take us to Office Depot but I had a general idea of where it was and thought i knew what stop we needed to get off at.

We took our normal bus to the metro stop that also has almost every bus stopping there. We went to the stop for the bus we wanted to take and it wasn't going to be there for an hour! We quickly checked the map and saw that a bus that was already there also went to the same stop. We hopped on and hoped for the best. When we got to the stop I thought we needed to get off at it looked nothing like where the office depot had been so we didn't get off. As soon as we pulled away from the stop I saw the store over trees. I quickly pushed the stop button so we could get off at the next stop. Little did we know it was going to be a mile and a half done a narrow kinda wierd road. We got off the bus anyways and saw the same # bus heading towards us going the other direction. We had no way to get across the street and have him stop though so he kept going. We walked across to the stop and checked the schedule...the bus wouldn't be back for over 30 minutes. We decided to walk back. The road didn't have sidewalks but it did have a narrow bike path on the side of the road...we both chose to walk on the edge of the grass most the time though...it wasn't a very wide road.

We finally made it back to where we could see the Office Depot but we still weren't there yet. We were on the wrong side of what seemed like a major street. We followed a lady through some side streets to get us close to the main road and then used the cross walks to get across. We were both super hot and tired after this walk. Did I mention I was wearing my Burkinstocks...not really walking shoes. We didn't find any construction paper...but we were able to find colored printer paper that will work. We also got scissors and tape so we can decorate!!! We found a bus stop right down the road from the store and it took us back to where we started out. We walked to the grocery store and got what we needed and finally got home. We both chugged water...we were so worn out.

We woked on some of our homework. We had to take a personality test of our Organizational Behavior class and it was really fun. I turned out to be an ENTJ....E is extraverted (78%) N is Intution (24%) T is thinking (1%...i was pretty nuetral the other side is feeling) J is judging (56%). The description said I sould be some sort of executive but that I have to learn to listen to people because I judge quickly. I also looked at the carrer paths my type fits...the main ones were business manager, Engineer, & high school teacher. I thought that was pretty fitting. We also did some other tests that were in our packet for that class and they were about self-esteem (mine was like 77 out off 100) and I learned i'm a very strong type A person. We are going to work on our homework for Financial Analysis tomorrow becuase it does not look fun at all, and we are going to save the little bit of reading we have for OB till Monday so we can remember to dicuss it better.

I made us fried eggs for dinner...although we didnt use butter or anything so they were really just cooked eggs. We had a glass of wine after dinner. I talked to Amy & Caden for a while on Skype and then Mom for a long time. I had to get caught back up on the Cape gossip.

No comments:

Post a Comment