Friday, September 18, 2009

Dreary Day

I realized this morning that I forgot to write yesterday. I was exhausted after school and ended up being really sick last night. I'll fill ya in on that later though. Wednesday night after I wrote my blog I tried to take a shower so I could get in bed and not have to wake up any extra early for class on Thursday. I got in the shower and turned on the water...all the way on hot...and it was cold!! Morgan had showered early that morning and we hadn't washed dishes or anything to use hot water throughtout the day. I was a little upset. It was of course after the front desk was closed too. I decided I'd try in the morning and if we still didn't have hot water I'd go down and say something.

When I woke up though we did have hot water...enough for both of us to shower. It was pretty cold yesterday morning and looked like it was going to rain at any minute...which the weather said it was supposed to...but it never actually did. When we were both ready we headed down to the bus. We were sick of being super early everywhere we went cause people look at us funny so we tried to wait a little extra time in the arpartment before we went outside. We got to the bus stop just as the bus was pulling away and the next one wasn't going to be there till 9:48 and our class was at 10. Of course it was a minute or 2 late and we were freaking out. They are crazy about being on time at school. We practially ran off the bus and into school and got to our classroom with like a minute to spare...and we weren't the last ones to get there. We learned our lesson though and we will make sure we catch that bus we missed yesterday from now on.

This was our advertising class and it wasn't that bad. We are missing a bit of background information but he seemed to explain everything that we weren't quite sure about...well he asked someone in the class to explain it at least. We are going to have a group project in this class. It is to create an advertisment for a problem or new product for a company. (We are thinking about doing an ethanol car in America cause they are very green here) We are in a group together with a girl from Brazil (they speak porteguese there...we both thought they spoke Spanish). She is real nice and lives not very far from us so it will make getting together easier. We may have a few more people in our group but we aren't sure yet. Each week we have a little something we have to do in our groups during class that relates to the lecture. At the end of the semester we have to give a 20 minute pressentation on our advertisment we create. The class is supposed to go from 10-1 with a 15 minute break in the middle. However, this teacher (who was from England so we could understand him!!) thinks that because he gives us a break he can extend class till 1:15...kinda annoying but o well.

After class we checked our emails and schedules to see if our french classes were up yet. I have class monday from 11:30 to 1. Morgan's is from 3:30 to 5. I'm excited they aren't early on Monday so we can sleep in a little after our weekends of travel in October. After we got done checking our schedules we took the bus to the train station to see if anyone could give us more information on the train passes we need to buy. After we wondered all around the train station trying to find where we needed to be they couldnt' even help us. Since the passes we need are for non-European citizens they dont sell them there and had no information on them for us. We came home and researched it more and were able to find out a way to avoid some of the extra costs with the pass if we aren't worried about extra time on the train which we aren't really on our week off. We are going to go up to school here a little while and order our passes so we can get them in time for Disneyland in 2 weeks!!!!

By the time we got home from the train station I was burning up and had a horrible headache. I had a little bit of baguette and then decided I wanted some yogurt. I grabbed one of my strawberry ones out of the fridge and it was expired. Luckily Morgan's vanilla yogurt wasnt expired so I ate one of hers. I watched a little tv...they have a disney break on a channel everyday at 4:25 and it's wizards of waverly place which is a fun show. Once that was over though my head was still hurting and I was exhausted so I decided to lay down for 30 minutes. I set my phone alarm and I guess I turned it off in my sleep becuase I woke up after 7. I was freezing and I think that is the only reason I woke up. I grabbed a sweatshirt and my computer and moved to the couch. Morgan had just opened a bag of bbq lays (medium sized) and was looking at halloween costumes for fun. I joined in and we ended up eating the whole bag of chips. We finished looking through most of the halloween costumes and watched 3 episodes of Bones on tv.

I started feeling really sick and was afraid I had a fever since I was so cold and morgan wasn't at all. I ended up getting sick before we went to bed and my stomach felt a little better, but not amazing. we went to bed at 11 and it took me a while to fall asleep cause I still felt bad. I woke at 2 cause my watch a alarm was set for some reason and still didn't feel good but I was able to fall back asleep. I woke up for real at 9:45 this morning and didn't really feel bad so I got up and grabbed my computer trying to not wake up Morgan, but she was already up. I started to not feel very good again and ended up getting sick again but I feel fine now...although I havent' eaten anythiing and we are both still laying in our beds on our computers 2 hrs after waking up. Hopefully it was just something I ate yesterday and I'm not really sick.

We are going to get out to school sometime soon and get our train passes ordered and then spend the rest of the weekend working on our homework and relaxing. I'll make sure I post again this evening and let ya know how the train passes worked out and if I am feeling better.

No comments:

Post a Comment