Thursday, October 1, 2009

Gotta Love Stupid People

We got up this morning and went to school for our meeting about our advertising topic with our group. We finally convinced the girl that it didnt have to be a problem and that we had all semester to actually do the project we just needed an idea today. We decided on Ford Enthanol vehicles focusing on the American market. We went up to class and he passed out the slide show for today. It only had 3 slides!! He explained to us about new media and that each group was going to research one media and give a short presentation on it at the end of class. We had mobile tv. Morgan did the research while the other 2 girls set up the powerpoint. I looked up material on Ford ethanol cars so we would have facts to tell our teacher when he came to discuss our project topics with our group. Side note...we think the other girls in our group are mentally slow. They don't know enough English to function and that makes it difficult to work in a group. After Morgan typed in all the info for the powerpoint since she had researched it one girl went back through and tried to change all the English to the way she says it...which is wrong!!! It's frustrated but we are trying to be patient and just venting to each other. Anyone that knows the 2 of us knows that we are not quiet people. We walked out off class, down 2 flights of stairs and into the cafeteria before either one of us spoke because we were so shocked at how dumb they both are.

After we ate our lunch we went into the student lounge to print off our conformation stuff for Disneyland. First we had to purchase copies and convert them into prints using this machine outside the library. Everytime we would try to print we kept getting an error message and we weren't sure what to do. Luckily IT was open so we went up there and waited in line. We got in pretty quickly but the guy said we had an unusual problem and he had to call and have someone else come help us. We wait outside the room for about 30 minutes...I had to turn off my computer becuase it was about to die. When the guy finally showed up they told him he was supposed to help us and then he went in the room and helped this other chick...who got there after us...for about 15 minutes. When he finally came out he had us show him what was wrong. He had us download the conformation instead of just printing off the internet. He had us try to just print a regular word document and that worked perfectly. He had to go do something so I decided...since my computer was about to die...to try and just print the saved document. IT WORKED!!!! We finally had our conformation almost 2 hours after we started.

We left school and headed to the train station to return the ridiculously expensive 1st class tickets the genious lady sold us yesterday. Only one person had that they spoke English on their screen so we waited for that station. When we walked up the lady totally only spoke like 5 words in English. We explained what happened and told her we just wanted to return all the tickets for that weekend. She pulled out her book and started looking up how to find 2nd class tickets with our passes. After about 15 minutes and 10 times of us saying that she finally got that we just watned to cancel our tickets. It took another 15 minutes for her to actually cancel the tickets and then they put the money all on one card. Luckily we were going to the ATM anyways.

We took the metro back to the ATM and got out our cash for Disneyland. The weirdo gay guy who talked to us forever at the train station in Paris and Rennes...remember him...was behind us at the ATM. I didn't realize till we were walking away but it was kinda creppy cause I had just said yesterday it was weird we hadn't ever seen him again. We stopped at the store for a small baguette so we could have some bread with dinner and then got home. We paid our rent for October and finally made it back home after 4 when we left at 9 this morning. I tried to call UPS to figure out about my package that is stuck somewhere. They were not helpful but said they would call back. After an hour of waiting I called again and the guy said he didn't speak English but told me perfectly in English...when I asked if anyone around him spoke English...that everyone around him spoke French. I said thank you and hung up. I called right back and got the same guy I think. I asked again if he spoke English and he said no...I asked to be transfered to someone who did becuase I was sick of calling. He transfered me. This lady was a little more helpful but still had no idea why my package wasn't here. About 30 minutes later our phone rang with some lady telling me she would have someone call me on Monday...since I wont be here tomorrow...to get the information they need to deliver my package.

We had butter noodles for dinner with our baby baguette. It was yummy. I took a shower to try and make my horrible headache go away...I'm sure it is from all the stress of dealing with annoying people today. We just finished up packing and are about to get into bed since we have to be up at like 4 to get on the metro and take the bus at 6 to Disneyland!!! We are so excited...you would think 2 little kids lived in our room the way we have been acting all afternoon...and week really!!! I'll try to update yall if I have internet but we arent sure. If not i'll write what I can on Monday at school. We don't get back till like midnight sunday night.

No comments:

Post a Comment