Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Tuesdays are the New Monday

Tuesdays are by far my least favorite day of the week here in France. We had to get up at 7:30 this morning for class. Got ready and got to the bus stop when we wanted to...except the bus that came at the time we were planning on getting on it was so full he could only let like 2 people on. The next one was supposed to come at 8:17 so we would be pushing it but luckily I guess they were running an extra bus and one got there at 8:12 and we made it in time for class. This first class is the one we really like. It's with the American professor. He lectures for an hr and a half then we switch rooms and get into a smaller group size...we still have him as our teacher...and have what they call a tutorial. We discuss our homework from the week before and cover more indepth what we talked about in lecture. I really enjoy the topics in this class.

Neither one of us was hungry after class at 11:30 so we decided to skip the crazy cafeteria and just chill in the student lounge. I got a pepsi out of the vending machine for a little pick me up and sat down with my computer. I was able to update my ipod with new software for it and finish downloading the episodes I missed at the end of last season from GREEK. Maybe once I finish these I can get caught up on the ones for this season. We both dreaded time for our next class but it came and we reluctantly headed upstairs.

This was the class we had absolutely no idea how to do the homework in. When he finally showed up...he's been late both weeks. He told us to take out our assignments. I assumed we were going to turn them in but he started going over them. He is by far the slowest person I have ever met. He asks us a question then pauses for like 3 minutes for someone to answer, no one knows the answer or understood what he said so he finally answers it himself. He then writes it on the board cause no one still understood him and then he slowy walks around the room and awkwardly stands places for like 5 minutes. There were 4 simple questions at the beginning of our assignment and it took him over 30 minutes to answer those in class today. Then we moved into the exercises. We only finished the first part of the first of 4 questions on the first of 2 exercises before it was time for a 15 minute break at 2:30. He didn't come back till almost 3 so our break was almost 30 minutes. We assumed he would move on and start going through the powerpoint he passed out at the start of class but instead he jumped right back into the homework. He finished up the rest of part 1 and the other three questions and barely got through number 1 of 4 on exercise 2 before it was time to go. If this man would just talk or not repeatatively go over easy concepts 15 times we could get done with the whole assignment before the break if not earlier than that. I also think I would learn more, or at least come away a lot less confused about what I did learn, if I could sit with head phones in and just copy what he writes on the board. At the end of class he said we would finish up the assignment next week and start the powerpoint. Not having homework is the only thing that I like about that class.

We got home just in time to see Wizards of Waverly Place on the Disney Break on tv. On the way in the guy at the reception desk gave us both a package type thing and we already knew what they were but we were real excited to get them. It was our train passes as well as the travel guide that came with them. This should help us be able to plan our October travels better. Once wizards was over we boiled eggs and had that with some baguette for dinner. I read a little and then watched 2 of the episodes of GREEK I had downloaded. My head is kinda hurting from being stopped up so I tried taking a hot shower...it didn't really help any. I'm going to eat some white chocolate covered oreos and prolly head to bed soon. We have been up forever!! Tomorrow we are going to go to the train station to get our passes validated as well as get our tickets to Parish for next weekend when we go to Disneyland Paris!!!! We are also planning on decorating our room and working on the little homework we have for Advertising on Thursday and Oganizational Behavior next Tuesday so we can relax this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment