Monday, September 14, 2009

"First" Day of Classes

It's in quotes cause we didn't actually have any classes today. We slept in till 11 cause we were both super worn out from our amazing trip yesterday. Once we woke up we just laid around the apartment and dreaded having to go to school for out meeting at 2. We ended up finally getting ready and going to the meeting which wasn't actually a meeting. The lady just asked if anyone had questions and announced that some of the classes still weren't showing online (my thursday class still isn't) and that they would for sure all be fixed by thursday. Then she had everyone walk down to the front and get there student cards (ID). We waited till everyone had gone so we wouldn't have to stand in line forever and we weren't in a hurry and we had a few questions for her.

When we finally went to get our cards we asked her about declaring a Dr. like our social security said we had to...but no one ever told us how. She told us we should have already done it...another thing the smelly lady messed up...but that we could wait till we went to see the Dr. and fill out the form at the office. She told us not to worry about it though because we were only here for a semester and prolly wouldn't get sick. We both looked at each other and just laughed and told her that wasn't possible...we WOULD get sick. She told us just to look at the list of English speaking Dr. and chose one but to wait till we did get to sick to fill out the form. I also asked her about switching classes. The class I'm wanting to switch into is tomorrow morning and my meeting isn't till tomorrow evening. She suggested I go to the class in the morning and explain to the teacher why I'm there...I'm hoping he won't have any problem with it and that will make it easier in my meeting to get my schedule changed. I'm also hoping that in my meeting she will be able to tell me when my other class actually is. Thats kind of important!!

After we finished asking our questions we went into the student lounge to use the internet to get all of our pictures on facebook, captioned, and tagged. I was hoping to get some on here too but the website wouldn't cooperate for some reason. I did get every picture on facebook though so you can check them out there until I can get them on here.

On our way home we stopped at the grocery store to get quite a bit of stuff. We made a list to make sure we didn't forget anything and hopefully we won't have to go back until Wednesday when we both don't have classes and we plan on going to Monoprix downtown to get some stuff they don't carry at our store. We picked up a lot of stuff and it wasn't very much more than we usually spend so we were proud of ourselves...we are becoming better shoppers.

We were really wanting to order Domino's for dinner becuase Morgan isn't feeling super good and it sounded good. We couldn't figure out their website for ordering online and they didn't really seem to have any "regular" pizzas. We gave up after a while and just had a little snack instead to fill us up. Around 8 I ended up making another round of egg sandwiches on baguette. They were just as delicous this time! While we were eating we saw a commercial for what seemed like a really great deal at Disneyland Paris. We started looking into it and found out that they decorate and have special things during october and november for Halloween. We decided it was an awesome deal and figured out our weekends and are going to book the trip tomorrow. We are planning on going the first weekend in October. We'll be going to the park all day Friday, staying at Disney's Santa Fe Hotel Friday night, and going to the other park all day Saturday before prolly staying in a hostel and visiting Paris on Sunday. We are so excited!!!

I talked to Amy & Caden a little while I was looking at the stuff on Disneyland and he gets so excited to see me. I love it!!!

My shin is hurting today and I keep bumping it on stuff, but I'll take this little pain over what my legs felt like today last year!! I did almost break myself today though. We were walking away from the ATM before going to the grocery store and I was putting my cash into my wallet. I forgot there were 3 steps leading away from the ATM to the street. I noticed Morgan slowed down and looked away from my wallet to see why...I was stepping off the top step and didn't even realize it. I tried to extend my step mid-air and was going to only make it halfway onto the bottom step. I had to extend my step even farther and practically landing...super hard on my left leg...in the splits. I managed not to fall and Morgan was super confused about what had just happened. I had to explain it to her and we laughed the whole way to the store.

It's shower time though because we have to leave for class at 7:45 in the morning so I have time ot talk to the proffessor before class. I'll try to get the pics up tomorrow during one of my breaks in classes and I'll post about my classes and meeting tomorrow night!!

1 comment: