Monday, September 28, 2009

Poor Kid Mac & Cheese

Well I had this all typed and then it decided to delete itself...so here goes again

I laid in bed last night because I was tired of being on the internet and had nothing else to do. Morgan was sitting in her bed on the computer with the lights and the tv on. She asked if i wanted her to turn off the lights and they really weren't bothering me. I knew if my body wanted to go to sleep I would. I woke up in the middle of the night becuase I was cold...so i put on my covers and went right back to sleep. I fell asleep a little after 10 and had my alarm set for 10:15 this moring and was still tired when it went off. I got up though and got ready. I headed out to school all by myself. Morgan was going to come meet me for lunch but she doesn't have class till after that. I saw one of the Iowa girls at the bus stop and talked to her on the way to school.

My teacher was a little late again but that was ok with me cause it meant class would be shorter. She started out in French again and was talking so fast. I had no idea what was going on. I was almost in tears I was so frustrated! Finally I think she realized we weren't all understanding and she started saying a few things in English. Near the end of class she passed out a paper and had us listen to a CD which had a conversation on it. It was also on the paper so we could read along. She then had us practice the conversation with a friend. She came over to me and the other 2 Americans I was working with and helped us. She said she knew it was harder for us becuase they don't pronounce every sound like we do. That made me feel better about that class.

I met Morgan for lunch and then we hung out in the student lounge till her class. I stayed in there for what seemed like ever for my class just messing around on facebook and listening to my music. I also watched the Cram Session for season 3 of GREEK...which was pretty much a recap of all of season 2...and I am even more excited for season 3 now. I went to culture class and was bored out of my mind. That little crazy man teaches us absolutely nothing. He pretty much told us he can't teach us about culture becuase it's an individual experience and has to be learned through that. Whatever crazy man...He also talks non stop for the hour and a half we are with him.

We came home after class and Morgan washed up the dishes so we would have room to make dinner tonight. Using 3 pans for our spaghetti takes up a lot of room in our little kitchen. I did my homework for class tomorrow morning and talked to a few people on facebook. Then I decided to start dinner. We were going to try to make macaroni tonight. I boiled the noodles and then started the milk with a little butter in it. I waited till it started simmering a little. We had bought the only normal type of cheese we saw and that was cheddar...but it was in slices like for sandwhiches. I cut them into fourths and added them slowly making sure they all melted. I drained the noodles and we were ready to go. We didn't add the sauce to the noodles untill we had them in our bowls cause I wasn't sure if we had enough for the whole pan. We ate as much as we could since it wasn't something we could save and we were both stuffed. We had to rinse out the cheese sauce pan with cold water since Morgan used all the hot to wash the dishes earlier. Sadly we still dont have any hot water and I wanted to take a shower. Guess I'll be getting up even earlier in the morning before class to shower. Speaking of that...I better study a little for my quiz in the morning and then head to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment