Friday, September 25, 2009

2 Grocery Stores and 2 Bad Buses

I could not fall asleep for anything last night. I was awake till almost 5 this morning. I couldn't fall get to sleep so I got up and grabbed my computer and watched the last 3 episodes I had downloaded from the last season of GREEK. They were amazing...I cannot wait to get to school Monday so I can download the new episodes from this season so far. Once those were done I still wasn't tired so at 3 am I grabbed my ipod touch and played games for a while cause my computer battery was dead. I finally just listened to my music and was able to fall alseep after a long while. I didn't wake up till 1 today and Morgan was laying in bed still. We got up and got a little stuff done around the apartment before we headed out to get some groceries. We went to MonoPrix because we needed a lot of stuff. We went up and down every aisle to get what we needed. We got stuff to make tacos and noodles to make Mac & cheese and spaghetti. We found really cheap chocolate granola bars that we are going to take with us on our travels for filling cheap food. We had decided to get another type of cereal since they had so many more coices and they had Cookie Crisp!!! We didn't see the milk we usually get and the baguettes didn't look very good so we decided to go to our normal grocery store after we dropped this stuff off at home.

The first bus we took from MonoPrix back to the main stop was super full and we couldn't sit much less move much at all. It was really hot and making us both claustrophobic, I also was carrying all our groceries in a bag and it was super heavy and there was no where to put it down. When we got off that bus there was a 4 bus which takes us home but we had to walk to it and we knew we wouldn't make it so we didn't rush or anything knowing another one would be there soon. For some reason though the bus didn't come for a long time. I ended up having to sit the bag down on the sidewalk while we waited. The bus did come and we were able to sit down this time. An extremely fat man got on the bus after us and ended up sitting in the seats...yes he took up more than one seat...behind us. He smelled absolutely awful!!! I had to act like I was wipping my nose on my jacket to be able to take a breath and then I heald it as long as I could. The lady he sat down by got up and moved and sat down very pissed off like in front of us. We both giggled to ourselves. Luckily he got off a few stops before us so we could all breath again.

We dropped our stuff off at home and put the cheese and ground beef in the fridge and headed back to the other grocery store. We bought milk and baguette and headed back home. We got back just in time to watch Wizards again! When we were going in and out so much though there were a ton of women in the lobby. They were all larger black women and had flower wreaths on their heads. We hung out at home after the stores and I read some more of my book. They are so interesting and I can't stop reading them. I have Morgan kind of interested as well cause I've been talking about them. About 7 I started dinner. I left a little of the ground beef for our spaghetti but browned the rest of it with the seasoning that came in the pack we bought. Morgan warmed up the shells and we set down with out little family dinner. We had salsa from our kit as well for our tacos and some shredded cheese. I must say our tacos were delicious!! We washed up the dishes after dinner and are both just sitting on our computers now waiting till it's late enough to go to bed. Hopefully tonight I can actually get to sleep. We don't really have anything to do this weekend but we are going to work on planning out Disneyland so we don't waste anytime!!

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally had your tacos and that they were good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What about the Mac and Cheese packets. Do they have those in France? You don't have to microwave them, you can just add hot water. You could take those with you to DisneyLand for the hotel.

    ReplyDelete