Thursday, October 8, 2009

Munich Wednesday now off to Dublin

Let me fill you in on the exhausting last few days.

Tuesday we got up and went to our first class. That class is very interesting. We had to fill out a sheet with our term paper topics and we get those back next week to see if he is ok with them. Hopefully he is because I'm actually kind of excited to research mine. I chose to look at the way teammates iteract wtih their coah and each other depending on the age/age difference of their coach. I'm going to use my cheerleading experience with Mrs. Wamble and Erica as my jumping point. After class we got some lunch and looked up stuff for the Wednesday in Munich...Munchen (moon-chin) in German...before our next class. That class is super annoying and we weren't sad we had to leave at our normal break to catch our train to Paris. During class our professor finally gave us the group assignment we read about in the sylabus but hadn't known anything about. We needed to find a group of 5-6 people and we weren't sure who cause we knew anyone in the class. Luckily as we were leaving at our break at 2:30 a few people stopped us outside the door asking us to be in there group. We agreed and gave them our emails. We were happy to have a group and not have to worry about that and we hurried home to get our stuff packed up for the day.

We caught the bus to the metro and then the metro to the train station. Our train left at 4:05 and we didn't get to sit together. :( We were each in the window seat and we both had people sit in between us. My lady didn't talk to me at all and the guy Morgan sat next to talked a lot...but in French...even after she told him she didn't speak French. We got to Paris and caught our overnight train to Munich. We were in a six passenger little compartment...it reminded me of Harry Potter...we were all to ourselves. We kept thinking we were going to pick up some more people but no one ever came in. We had a bag of chips for dinner and then just enjoyed ourselves. I sorted through all of my pictures from Disneyland and wrote down all the pictures I want in each album...I think I ended up with like 8 albums. I will get those up as soon as I can. After that I watched an episode of GREEK on my computer and then it was about to die so I watched the other 3 I had on my Ipod touch. It was starting to get tired and Morgan was trying to fall asleep so I turned off the light and stretched our on the 3 seats on my side of our compartment. We both slept alright and woke up at 6:30 right before we got to Munich at 7.

We got off the train and started exploring the city. We walked a long way and our backpacks were really hurting us so we went back to the train station to hopefully find a locker to use for our backpacks and it was almost time for the tourist info place to open. We were able to find a locker and store our backpacks. We just kept out our jackets, cameras, and wallets. We looked around the stores in the train station then headed next door to the tourist place. We looked through all the brochures and decided to go on a 2 hour walking tour of the city for 10 Euros a piece. We headed back to where we had walked before and that was the meeting place for the tour. We stopped on the way there and got a soda cause we were worn out already.

The tour was awesome. Our tour guide was from Canada and there were people on our trip from the US and Austrailia. We saw the important buildings in Munich as well as an English Garden. In the garden there was a nudist section...that only had old men it was nasty...and there were all kinds of rivers and creeks running through the park. At one place in the park they put in something in the river to help airate the water and people were surfing becuase it made awesome waves. We watched them for a while.

After the tour we went back to the place where we got our drinks and got a pretzel with cheese on it for lunch. We sat down in the AC...which felt awesome...to relax before we headed back out for the last 2 hours we had in Munich. We went back to watch the surfers more and take more pictures. Some of them were awesome...and some not so much...but it was super fun. We retraced our steps from the tour to get back to the mall we walked through cause Morgan wanted to look at a purse she had seen. It was super expensive so we headed back to the train station cause it was about time for our train. We got out our backpacks and went to see what platform our train was on. We got on the train and sat down which felt nice after walking so much again. We were worried though becuase this train got into Strasburg, Germany at 6:47 and our train on to Paris left at 6:54. We were at the door waiting when we stopped and the conductor made some announcement about the connecting train...we were assuming it was about which platform it was on...but neither one of us could understand him. Luckily when we hurried off the train I noticed that the train right next to us was our train...we hurried to our car and got on. We even had a little time to get situated before the train left. I fell asleep pretty fast cause I was exhausted. We got into Paris at 10:35 and caught the metro to the train station we were leaving from this morning. We took another short metro to get closer to our hostel since it was nighttime. We got off the metro and walked the few blocks to our hostel. We got checked in and went up to our room. We were both exhausted and felt discusting and just wanted to sleep. There were 4 other girls in our room and one was asleep but the others werent' We got out our sleep sacks and changed into shorts to sleep. We went to the bathroom then put our backpacks into our sleep sacks so no one could get into them while we slept. We climbed into bed about 11:30 and the girls still had the lights on. Luckily I have a little hood on my sleep sack so I covered my eyes with it and fell asleep. We got up at 4:30 and got changed and packed up to go. I folded up my sleep sack and realized as I walked out of our room that I hadn't put my phone away and just assumed it was in my sleep sack. After we checked out i decided to check my sleep sack since we still had time...luckily I did cause my phone wasn' there. I got our key back and went back to our room and it was halfway under the pillow so I hadn't seen it when i looked for it. I came back down and we were off to the metro.

When we got there it wasn't open yet but we figured it opened at 5 like the one here so we waited for a few minutes. When it was 5 after we were beginning to get a little nervous since it was dark and we were 2 girls alone. I looked at a sign across the street and noticed it said something about the city busses. I kept watching and luckily it had the metro on it too...which didn't start till 5:30. We had the directions to the train station so we just walked...quickly. We didn't see anyone out so it wasn't bad. We made it to the train station fine and found our train would be there soon. We sat down and waited and then when a store opened at 6 we walked around in there cause we were so tired and sitting was making us fall asleep. We found candybar 3 packs for 2 Euros when a normal one was 1 Euro. Morgan got twix and I got Mars bars. I had never had one before but they are everywhere here. The pictures look just like a Milky Way so I figured I'd like it. Right after we left the store our train was posted and we got onto it. I fell asleep as soon as we started going and Morgan was almost asleep before this rude older man got on the train. He had his ipod up really loud so she could hear his music. She finally got out her Ipod and listened to that even though she didn't fall asleep again. We got off the train and hit the metro to get to school.

We were a little early for class so we sat in the student lounge for a little bit. I ate one of my Mars bars for breakfast and relaxed for a bit. We went up to class and had a little chat with our teacher cause we were the only ones there. Class started and we had a lecture first that I could brealy stay awake for. As soon as we had our break I laid my head down and instantly fell asleep. Morgan had to wake me up after the break and apparently she had been trying for like 10 minutes after our teacher was passing things out and told her she may wanna wake me up lol. We had a group project to work on and yet again it was astonishing how dumb the girls in our group are. We finished though and talked a little about our actually projects. After class we were going to go straight to the train station to get tickets to Paris for tomorrow but lunch smelled good so we got some fries first.

We took the bus to the metro and then to the train station. We found a really helpful lady who spoke English and she got us our tickets. We came home and finally showered and Morgan booked us a flight to Dublin for tomorrow and I got us a hostel for the weekend. After we got our plane confirmed we had to print off the boarding tickets so we had to go to school and print them off. We took the bus back and hit the ATM to get cash for tomorrow. We stopped at the store to get a baguette for each of us to take so we wouldn't have to buy food. I made us scrambled eggs and baguette for dinner. It was delicoius and I got some orange juice and pretty much drank the whole carton cause my throat hurts and I don't wanna get sick this month. We finished getting everything unpacked from yesterday and are working on getting packed for this weekend in Dublin.

I may be able to update you guys while we are in Dublin...we have free wifi at the hostel if we are there long enough for me to use it. We fly out of Paris to Dublin tomorrow morning and we will spend the evening touring Dublin and staying the hostel. We are going to Killarny National Park on Saturday to see the castles and Blarney Stone. We will stay in Dublin Saturday night and fly out late Sunday night back to Paris. We get back to Rennes Sunday night so we have some time in Paris on Sunday. I'll update when I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment