Monday, October 5, 2009

Disneyland Paris Day 3

5:45 was super early this morning. It was real hard to get out of bed but it was only worth it since we were going back to Disneyland!!! I got up, packed, and got ready to go down to put away our luggage before breakfast at 7. The luggage room didn’t open till 7 so we went and hung out in the reception until it opened since it was outside to wait for it to open. It wasn’t quite open at 7 but it opened a few minutes later. We dropped over our backpacks and headed into breakfast. I had 3 croissants with butter and strawberry jam and 2 glasses of pineapple juice. It was just as good today as yesterday. It filled me up to start out the day. I modeled on a horse in our arcade room before heading out to catch the bus. We were the first ones out there and bus came right away. Which as nice cause it was real cold outside.
We stopped on the way in and took pics of the castle since no one was in the park and we could get pictures without anyone else in them. After that we went straight to Space Mountain again because it’s the best ride in the park. It was painful again but still fun. We wanted to ride Buzz Lightyear next to give our bodies a break from the jarring of the ride. It was closed for some reason though…even though it had been open when we went past it before. We rode Space Mountain again since we didn’t want to leave Discovery Land yet. After we got off Space Mountain Buzz was open again so we rode it. There wasn’t a line so we stopped and took pictures of everything on the way into the actual ride. Morgan did awesome at the ride this time…she almost got to 100,000 points. I did horrible yet again. We went to Fantasy land again to ride the rides that are open early. We rode the Mad Hatter’s Tea Cups first. We each got our own tea cup and took pictures of each other. We rode the carousel again next and each got a giant horse on the outside of the ride. We took fun pictures while we were riding to keep from falling asleep since it was still early and the ride had low music and you rode in circles. We rode on Peter Pan again after the carousel. We still had some time to the park opened so we went back into Discovery Land to ride Space Mountain again before we wanted to get into line to ride Autropia when the park opened. Space Mountain still only had a 5 minute wait which is about as long as it takes to walk through the queue into the ride. We took pictures on our way in since there wasn’t really anyone else there.
We got done just as the park was opening and there was already a 30 minute wait for Autropia. It is a ride where you get to drive an old style Ford Mustang through roads and nature. Some of the cars have the steering wheel on the wrong side and I was hoping I didn’t get one of those. As we were walking into the ride the attendant made fun of Morgan cause she was fixing her hair from Space Mountain as we walked past him. We had some annoying children and families around us. The family in front of us had 3 children…a boy about 6, a girl about 4, and a little boy about 2. They would let the little boy roam around under the rails and the little girl too, but then they would decide he needed to come back and have the girl try to get him…but he’d get mad and cry because she was pulling on his arms. The dad would go get him and spank him…which I didn’t find fair. They would let the girl stay out there still and the older boy. Once they got the little boy calmed down they would let him out again just to repeat the whole cycle. The little kids behind us kept running into us and didn’t care that they were touching all over us. As we got close to being at the front of the ride the attendant there leaned back and made fun of Morgan again…it was the same guy. He let me get on the ride and kept her there to wait for the next cars and talked to her…in French only. She finally got on the ride and we took pics of each other. The ride was fun and once we got off as we were walking away the guy asked us if we wanted to ride again. It wasn’t really that fun and he kinda freaked us out so we said no thanks and kept walking.
We went and got in line to have our picture taken with the Princesses next. We had to wait forever and then they brought out Ariel and Eric but they went to a different platform then the one where the sign was. We kept waiting a few more minutes and Snow White and her Prince came out and we got out picture taken with them. As soon as we got done they did a switch and Cinderella took over for Snow White and Belle came out to take Ariel’s place. We didn’t want to wait in line again but we took pictures of Belle.
We were done with everything we wanted to do and see in Disneyland Park so we went back to Walt Disney Studios Park to finish up our day. We wanted to get our picture taken with Mickey…not in his Halloween costume…but the line was super duper long and it was getting close to time when we needed to go into the show we were going to see and we still had to eat lunch. We went back to the place we ate the first day and just split the meal. The lines were all really long so Morgan went to get us a table while I waited in line. The first line I picked wasn’t too long, I moved up a little and then the lady working said they were closing that station so we had to move…kinda annoying. I picked another line and stood there for like 5 minutes without moving at all. I could see another line a few places down that only had like 3 people in it so I moved there. I got our food really quick after that and then set out to find Morgan. She had found a table upstairs on a little balcony overlooking everything. I had noticed on the way up there that they hadn’t given me a knife which was going to make splitting our pizza and dessert difficult so I went back down to get one. When I finally got to eat it was delicious…as good as the first day and we were actually able to finish it this time. It was 1:10 and the show started at 1:45 so we headed over to get a seat.
We were going to see the Motuers Action! Show. It’s a stunt show where they show you stunts and how they perform them and then you get to see them all put together into a short movie. There were quite a few people already in front of us but we got right through the turn stiles and around the corner where they didn’t have the doors open yet and everyone was just in one huge herd. We got to see into where they work on the cars and keep all the tires…apparently they go through 60 tires a day with 3 shows. We didn’t have to wait very long though and they opened the doors. We got seats right in the middle a few rows up so we were high enough to see everything on the “stage.” While we waited for everyone to get in their seats and it to be time for the show to actually start they had a guy doing tricks on a motorcycle. He did some impressive stuff. When the show finally started they introduce everything about explain what the scene is about and then they perform it. After it’s over they explain to you how they did it and show you some tricks. They perform about 4 or 5 scenes and then they show you them all put together in a movie. At the end of the movie the hero jumps his car through a building right below the screen. Then they bring all the cars and motorcycles out that were in the show and the drivers get out or take of their helmets. These guys are amazing drivers…they do some crazy stuff everything goes perfect. It was an awesome show and I’m real glad we watched it.
When the show was over we went to the other side of the park to get our picture taken with the rat from Ratatouille. There was no line so that didn’t take long at all. We got done just about the time the Stars in Cars parade was about to start so we got places for that. It was super short but it was different from the other parade we had seen twice and we got some cool pictures. I also got to see Michael Jackson…an Asian lady was dressed in a long jacket with a hat on and she was wearing a mask on her face…she looked just like him…I of course took a picture.
We were right outside the Art of Animation attraction so we decided to do that while we were there. There were all different movie posters in the main lobby and then we got to watch a montage of the good scenes of a bunch of classic Disney movies in the theater part of the attraction. After that we went into another studio and got to see how characters are developed from start to finish. It was really interesting. There was a creepy little short man working that hit on both of us while we were waiting to go into the first theater. He asked us our names and when we told him he said no that they were Minnie and Mickey because of our ears.
After the Art of Animation we were walking past Tower of Terror which had had a 60 minute wait earlier when we went past only had a 15 minute wait. We wanted to ride it again so we got in line. The people working were the best we had seen yet. When we got down into the basement to get on the elevator Morgan was staring off while we waited in line and a worker came up and just stood right behind her. I was laughing so she knew what was going on but still jumped when she turned around. It was really funny. Another worker walked over after that and just touched a chain behind me and walked back off. A few minutes later he came back and just stood beside me. I started talking to him and asked if I could wear his hat. He nodded and tipped his head forward for me to take it, I put it on and he turned around and walked off. He got about 5 steps away and acted like he just realized his hat was gone and freaked out. He walked back really fast and tipped his head back forward and I put his hat back on. He was soo awesome. The actually ride was the best one we had been on too. We dropped a bunch of time and when we did the major drop we had gone up and not stopped before we started dropping and I didn’t even realize we weren’t going up anymore until my stomach was gone. It was an awesome feeling.
We were done with everything in Walt Disney Studios Park so we went back to Disneyland Park to ride the train around the park and buy everything we wanted before we headed back to the hotel to get our backpacks. When we were walking in we noticed the Mickey shaped flowers out front of the park and stopped and took pictures with it. It was so pretty. When we got inside we were going up to get on the train when we realized the parade was about to start again. We went up to the station and took pictures of the Halloween part of the Parade from above since we had missed some of it when they had gone around the corner yesterday. After that part of the parade was over we went to get on the train and the guy told us they were having problems and didn’t know when it would run again. We decided we would just walk over to Discovery Land and check out the Pizza Planet to see if it was modeled after the Pizza place in Toy Story like it was supposed to be. We had to maneuver around people waiting for the parade but we made it. Sadly it wasn’t open when we got there so we just took pictures of the sign and then went to go to the bathroom in Videopolis. My head was absolutely killing me at this point for some reason so I got a soda and some fries since it was like 6 and I hadn’t eaten since 1. We watched some old school Mickey cartoons while I ate and then went up to the Discovery Land Station to get on the train. We rode it all the way around the park and then to the Main Street Station. We got off and went to the Emporium to buy everything we wanted before we went back to our hotels. We got everything and headed out to catch the bus.
There were a lot of people waiting which meant it should be there soon and it was. There was a family with twin little boys probably about 6 months old in a stroller that was right in front of me. They little guys were so cute and they kept starting at me so I’d smile at them. The one that was closest to me kept rubbing his foot on my jeans…they were barefoot poor babies it was freezing outside. Then he took his hand and was rubbing it on my other leg and playing with my bag in my hand. They were so cute. When we got back to our hotel we went to find the Volcano that was by our actually building and took some pictures with it. Then we got our backpacks and walked back outside as a bus was pulling up. We got on and went back to Disney Village. We were both out of cash so we just found a place to sit down and people watch for a little bit until we walked over to the train station. I took a picture of the Patrick Swayze on the outside of Planet Hollywood while we waited.
We hobbled over to the train station and I had to pee before we got on the train. Sadly the bathroom costs money and I didn’t have any so we waited and I decided to go on the train. Once the train got there we only had enough time to get on board and it took off again. We got sat down and the guy checked our tickets. Now that we had sat down I didn’t feel like getting up and I didn’t really have to go to the bathroom anymore so I decided to wait. I got out my computer and uploaded my pictures from the day onto my computer. I worked a little on typing up everything we did Saturday before my head was hurting too bad to do anything. I was starting to feel sick so I turned off my computer and got out my ipod. I fell asleep pretty quick but didn’t sleep good my any means cause my head hurt so bad. I woke up as we were getting close to Rennes and got my ipod put away. We got off the train and onto the Metro which was luckily still running. We got off and it had been raining here but was thankfully done so we didn’t have to walk all the way back to our apartment in the rain. We got back and I got straight into the shower so that then I could unpack and get in bed since I had class at 11:30. My shower felt good since I was so sore from walking so much and then sitting still for 3 hours on the train. After my shower I pulled my phone out and put it on the charger so I could turn it on to text mom and let her know we had made it back alright. I unpacked my stuff and condensed everyone’s presents into one bag so I can leave it sitting out easier. I plugged my computer in so it could be charging so I could use it at school to type everything up and then put away the dishes Morgan had washed Friday before we left. We climbed in bed and fell asleep immediately.

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you share, but how in the heck do you even remember this much about the day. :- ) I would be surprised if you left out any detail! Its like we were there too. Glad you all had fun.

    ReplyDelete