Monday, October 5, 2009

The Day After Disneyland Depression

Incase you couldn't tell by how much I wrote about Disneyland I loved it there!!!

I set my alarm for 9:30 so I could wake up and get ready for class and get my little bit of homework I had to do done before I needed to leave at 11 for class. I didn't actually get out of bed till about 9:53 becuase I was sore, cold, and tired. I didn't feel good and was all stopped up but I figured that was just from not getting much sleep all weekend. I got ready though and ate some frosted animal crackers while checking my email. I really wanted cereal but we had no milk. :( I had to write a few sentences describing myself in French for class and that was easy becuase we had examples on the paper she had given us in class. Morgan and I headed out to catch the bus and the only thing making it ok to go to school was that I was wearing my new Disneyland Paris shirt.



My teacher taught us vocabulary for the doctor and parts of the body today. Which is nice except if I'm actually sick enough to go to the doctor I'm not going to be practing my French then...I'll go to a doctore who speaks English. We had to pair off and write a dialog about being at the doctor. It wasn't bad but would be a lot easier if we actually knew some verbs to use. I understand they are teaching us the basics but learning doctor vocab and days of the week isn't as helpful as verbs and actual conversation things would be. After class I went to the student lounge to meet Morgan and start working on my Disneyland stuff. I ate the granola bar I brought with me but I still didn't feel very good so I thought maybe some real food and a soda would help. I went to the cafeteria but they don't take anything but cash...and I was fresh out. I finished typing up all of Saturdays events and put them online. I started on Sunday and then it was time to go up to Culture class. That little man teaches us nothing...he just talks about random stuff...so I kept working on Sundays events until my computer was about to die.



After class we met in the student lounge again so Morgan could finish uploading pictures to facebook. I haven't even started going through my pictures yet to get them on facebook...i'll work on that some tomorrow. I couldn't plug in my computer because there were no more open plugs so I just sat there and hung out. Finally an outlet opened up so I plugged in my computer except people kept tripping over my cord and one person almost pulled my computer off my lap. A couch opened up that was closer to where the outlet was so we moved over there before someone broke my computer. I wasn't in the mood to type though so I just talked to people on facebook and looked through everyones' stuff from over the weekend that I had missed. Morgan finally gave up at uploading pictures at 7 and I was starving. We got on the bus and got off to go to the ATM since we were both out of cash. We stopped at the grocery store and picked up some milk and baguette. I got cans of soda since normally my bottle goes flat just as I finish it and there is no way I wouldnt' waste it all with us traveling so much this month.

We got home and I immediately put the spaghetti we had in the microwave while I washed my hands and unloaded my backpack. I got the bread ready and when the spaghetti finished I put that in the microwave to heat up while I seperated the spaghetti. I got the butter and shredded cheese out and we sat down to enjoy dinner. It was yummy and I finally felt full. After dinner I got my computer and finally finished typing up Sunday at Disneyland and got that uploaded. I got us a hostel in Paris for Wednesday night when we get back from Germany since our train doesn't leave for here till the morning. I checked on Hostels in Dublin for this weekend and we are going to get those and a flight booked tomorrow at school. I'm going to go shower now though so I can get to bed becuase we have to sleep on night we have a chance since there are going to be very few of those this month.

We leave from Rennes tomorrow at 4:05 for Paris. We are taking a night train from Paris to Munich, Germany tomorrow night and spending Wednesday in Germany. We have another night train back from Munich and get into Paris around mindnight Wednesday night. We have a hostel right by the train station and then we leave for Rennes at 6 Thursday morning. We are going straight to class from the train station and then we will hang out for a little bit to get some stuff on the internet. I'll try to get some of my pictures sorted through on the trip so i can get them on facebook on Thursday. We'll be leaving again Friday morning for Paris to fly to Dublin, Ireland for the weekend. We'll spend Friday night in Dublin then spend all day Saturday in Killarney Park where all the castles are. We will stay in Dublin agian that night and fly out Sunday afternoon from Dublin again. We'll get back from Paris Sunday night.

I'll make sure and write whenever I can this week. I'll for sure write on Thursday at school about Munich and then Thursday night about the day and the weekend to come. It will either be Sunday night late or Monday before I can write again after that. I'm taking plenty of pictures so you guys can fill like you were there with us. Hopefully this lack of sleep won't catch up with us till we are done with this month becuase we are planning on having a blast and taking advantage of our easy schedules...for once in a lifetime...and train passes.

No comments:

Post a Comment